Plumbing problems can develop without warning and lead to a great deal of water damage and headaches, requiring urgent repiping.
If you are struggling with an urgent plumbing problem, don’t hesitate to contact Master Group Real Comfort. We are your local emergency plumbers in Clifton, New Jersey, area.
Our team of not only expert local plumbers but also electricians and HVAC pros are committed to providing quick turnarounds and will have your plumbing emergency resolved without further hassle
While all plumbing problems should be given quick attention, certain problems will need priority.
These are the situations that put your property at risk of water damage and include:
- Burst pipes
- Burst water heater tanks
- Sewer leaks
- Overflowing toilets.
Our team has the technology and the skills to get your plumbing emergency under control as quickly as possible.
These guys were wonderful.. my well pump went and were able to get a new one (wasn’t in stock) within less than a day and replaced it. They were in constant communication and did a great job. I cannot recommend them enough. They went above and beyond and I’m very happy with the job that they did:”Leigh W.
What to Do If You’ve Got a Burst Pipe or Overflowing Toilet
Burst pipes and backed up toilets are some of the more common plumbing emergencies. If your home is affected by either of these, the first thing you will need to do is locate and shut off the appropriate valve.
If you have a backed up or overflowing toilet, look for the valve that’s located near the base of the toilet and turn it off.
For burst pipes, you will need to find the main water shutoff valve. This is often found in the basement or close to the utility area. Turning the valve clockwise will shut off the water to your home and prevent any more water from coming out of the burst pipe.
This offers some short-term relief until your Clifton, NJ emergency plumber is able to arrive.
How to Prevent Plumbing Emergencies
Preventing a plumbing emergency is important to avoid costly repairs and water damage to your home.
Here are some steps you can take to help prevent plumbing emergencies:
- Regular Maintenance: Schedule regular plumbing inspections with a licensed plumber. They can identify and fix potential issues before they become emergencies.
- Watch for Leaks: Keep an eye out for any signs of leaks, such as water stains, dampness, or mold. Address even minor leaks promptly to prevent them from becoming major problems.
- Prevent Frozen Pipes: During cold weather, insulate exposed pipes and let faucets drip slowly to prevent freezing. Apply heat tape or foam pipe insulation as needed.
- Avoid Clogs: Use drain strainers to catch hair, debris, and food particles. Avoid pouring grease, coffee grounds, and other clog-causing substances down the drain.
- Be Cautious with Appliances: Maintain and inspect appliances that use water, such as washing machines, dishwashers, and water heaters, to prevent leaks or malfunctions.
- Monitor Water Pressure: High water pressure can damage pipes and fixtures. Use a pressure regulator to maintain optimal pressure and protect your plumbing system.
- Know the Location of Shut-Off Valves: Familiarize yourself with the location of main and individual shut-off valves. In case of a sudden leak or burst pipe, you can quickly turn off the water supply.
- Don't Over-tighten: Be careful not to over-tighten faucets, shower heads, and valves, as this can damage them and cause leaks.
- Upgrade Old Plumbing: If your plumbing system is outdated, consider upgrading to modern, more reliable materials and fixtures. Older pipes can be more prone to leaks and corrosion.
- Educate Household Members: Ensure that everyone in your household is aware of good plumbing practices, such as not flushing non-flushable items down the toilet.
- Install a Water Leak Detection System: Invest in a water leak detection system that can alert you to potential leaks or burst pipes, allowing you to take immediate action.
- Prepare for Vacations: When going on vacation, shut off the main water supply to your home to prevent any unexpected leaks while you're away.
- Respond Promptly: If you notice a slow drain, reduced water pressure, or any signs of a plumbing problem, don't ignore it. Address the issue as soon as possible to prevent it from escalating.
- Educate Yourself: Learn some basic plumbing skills, such as how to unclog a drain or fix a small leak. This can help you address minor issues before they become major emergencies.
Preventing plumbing emergencies often comes down to proactive maintenance, awareness, and quick response to potential issues.
Regular care and attention to your plumbing system can go a long way in avoiding costly and disruptive emergencies.
Contact Us Today for Fast Emergency Plumbing Services in Clifton, New Jersey
At Master Group Real Comfort, our team of Cliffton, NJ plumber is committed to making sure our customers have a hassle-free experience—this includes getting to your property on time and handling your plumbing problem safely and efficiently. We will work quickly without compromising on quality.
Our Clifton NJ plumbing experts understand how stressful it is to encounter any kind of plumbing problem and will make every effort to make the process of working with us as easy as possible.
Family Owned & Operated
Emergency Service Available
Fast, Reliable Service
Nearly 15 Years of Experience
Licensed, Bonded & Insured